Friday, September 14, 2012

Living the slow life in the city


Sept 14th, 2012

Our apartment is on one of the upper floors in a highrise so we get a nice view over the city.  Another nice thing about that is that no-one can really see in our windows.  So we don’t close the shades.  It’s nice coming to bed in a dark bedroom and seeing the lights of the city outside the window. 

Of course, when the sun comes up, it is BRIGHT.  As a result I am generally out of bed before 7 a.m.  This makes for long days J

It’s a gorgeous day today in the city (well, to be honest, it would be a gorgeous day anywhere).  I went for a walk out by reservoir.  Very peaceful.  There are always people running there and it is nice to see how much dedication they have (no – I am no even remotely tempted to join them).

After that I wandered over to the local Starbucks.  Starbucks is still over the top for me but I understand the attraction.  Many people there drinking coffee and on their computers, phones, etc. I think that in a city especially it is nice to go somewhere to do those things – even if you could do them at your own place.  It’s good to be around other people.


Now I am back in my apartment and plan to do a little work.  We will go back home tonight for the weekend and I am looking forward to the quiet.  The noise here isn’t loud exactly but it is constant.  I am looking forward to being somewhere where it is quiet and where I am likely to see people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment