Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A litte 'blustery' night music


Yesterday was a very blustery day.  During the afternoon the wind picked up and I saw leaves floating up by my window (the tallest trees are far below us).  That was pretty cool.

Outside the air was heavy and it felt like something new was blowing in.  Also pretty cool.

In the evening, Bill and I went to a Boston College Faculty Concert.  It was held in Gasson Hall which is one of BC's impressive Gothic buildings. The room had a large stained glass window in the center and next to it were tall windows looking out over a square filled with trees.  During the concert you could see the trees being buffeted by the wind.

The concert was a Brahms Sonata for cello and piano.  I have always associated 'Brahms' with 'lullaby' so I didn't really know what to expect.  The music was dark and lush.  Perfect music for the weather and the site.


No comments:

Post a Comment