Friday, September 21, 2012

Disappointing...

Last night we were scheduled to hear Cokie Roberts at the Moakley Courthouse.

GPS said it would take about 10 minutes and the event said that parking was available adjacent to the courthouse.

We left our apartment 45 minutes before the event thinking that would give us enough time.  Well, that was overly optimistic given rush hour in Boston. We arrived at the courthouse 5 minutes before the event was supposed to start only to find that the parking lot was blocked off (even though it wasn't full and cars were streaming out).

We were unable to find other parking and eventually gave up and wended the traffic strewn roads back to the apartment.

Very disappointing.  I had been looking forward to this for quite awhile since I am a big fan of Cokie Roberts.

Oh, well.

I woke up this morning to overcast skies and cooler weather.  I decided that I needed to get out of the apartment and do some exploring.  So I wandered around the streets near here until I found a likely spot for breakfast.  Adequate, I would say. (Where is the equivalent of Angelo's in Ann Arbor ?  I am beginning to think that other college towns just don't compare to Ann Arbor :-( )

Now I am picking up my class homework and I will go down to the Boston Public Library in Copley Square just for a change of scenery.  Might as well as do my homework in a spectacular location.


No comments:

Post a Comment