Thursday, March 2, 2023

 Thurday, March 2, 2023 - Melbourne, Australia

We needed to do some laundry ( the hazard of packing light, of course) so Bill found a laundromat, we packed up a suitcase full of dirty clothes and we set off.  It was further away that I expected but it was fun to wander through the city and see the sights. 

What a charming city!  I love the mix of old and new architecture, the mix of people, the sights and sounds of the city.  








While waiting for the laundry, we saw some window washers working on the sky scraper across the road.  Bill tells me that should be my next job ( yikes !! ).





The weather has been a little cooler than I expected so we also did a little bit of shopping.  We found a nice Japanese Department Store that filled all of our needs.  

I love Australia.  It feels so very comfortable and familiar while also feeling completely and utterly foreign.  We loved seeing all the street birds that were complely unrecognizable to us. 

We stopped at a small Greek restaurant for lunch and had the best Gyros sandwich I have ever eaten. 

Tonight we will go wander around a park nearby and look for a restaurant there. 

Tomorrow we meet up with our tour group. 





No comments:

Post a Comment