Saturday, October 5, 2019

Costa Rica - Day 3

I love travelling 'off-season'.  There are VERY few tourists which makes things very easy for us.  It is the rainy season but it hasn't impacted us too much.  Yesterday morning was beautiful  - the afternoon had a couple of 'five minute' showers and then heavy rain at night. 

This morning we got up EARLY for a bird watching tour.  The weather was beautiful.  Bright and sunny without being hot!  Jesus was our guide and he was great.  We were the only people on the tour.  That was very lucky.  Jesus was extremely knowledgeable and had an elaborate spotting scope.  He could find birds and get them in the scope while I was still fooling around with my binoculars.  Because there were only two of us, we were both able to see a LOT of birds.  Bill is pretty good with his binocs and I am getting better.  Tried to get a couple of photos but I'm not good at that yet.  I hope to get better.  I have a good camera - this is definitely a 'practice makes better' thing.

This afternoon we came back to our room to get a quick nap and then we watched the clouds roll in.  Now we can just barely see the lawn outside of the balcony.  We are in 'cloud forest' for sure.

We had talked about doing the zipline today but I guess it just wasn't meant to be today...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment